Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Creativity Tips: Take a Break

So, here's the deal. I could be prepping for my BlogHer panel. Or figuring out what to pack for NY. Or deciding how to turn this adventure into a business-building proposition. (Yeah, there's a concept.)

I could be writing the ad that's due for one client tomorrow. Or the magazine article due for another. (Again, that business stuff.)

I could be cleaning house. But, then again, I've waited 55 years. Why start now?

You know what I am doing? I'm writing this post during commercial breaks while I watch the finale of The Bachelorette. How pathetic is that?

It's not pathetic at all. It's a good healthy break. What's pathetic is that even while I'm relaxing, I'm here on the computer -- multi-tasking on 60-second commercial breaks.

Learn from my mistakes. This week, fully enjoy whatever you find relaxing. Solo task. Better yet, don't task at all. It's summertime. Let the living be easy.

4 comments:

Lezlie said...

A skill I'd like to master: Fully taking breaks with NO GUILT. No thoughts to what I'm not doing, or should be doing, or will be doing next. The ability to just be where I am, playing.

Angela Pritchett said...

I really love, and agree with, your cleaning philosophy. Reading the CI blog is the one things I do as a solo task. Unless drinking coffee and reading count as multi-tasking.

Jennifer said...

I want to meet you there!! I'm not sure I'll be able to make your panel but if not let's meet up ok?!

Jennifer said...

By the way I'm not a stalker... I just read about your panel and really really would love to meet you! :)