You're back? Fabulous! And you found it? Double fabulous!
Amazon, at Barnes & Noble and other places! It's a writer's dream come true.
OK, I will now get past myself, because I realize this isn't all about me. Hard to believe, because author Shanna Haun makes me feel like a star. And I'm not alone -- I've watched her in action. Shanna makes everyone feel acknowledged and appreciated. It's one of her many gifts.
With this post, I want to formally thank Shanna for giving me one of the greatest joys of my career -- instigating and editing her book. It was a completely unexpected and totally delightful experience. Thank you!
There are about 8 gazillion points I could make about this honest, well-written, life-changing book, but I like to keep these posts short and I don't like evangelists. Let me just say:
- The launch party is at 6:30 p.m. June 30th at Lululemon in Leawood, Kan. If you're in town, come see us!
- If you're not in town, Shanna will be talking with book clubs and other groups via Skype after the official launch, so let us know if you're interested.
- It's really fun to see the great reviews coming in. This one from the Raspberry Prairie blog ran in the Kansas City Jewish Chronicle too. Very cool. It's like sending your baby out in the world and having other people realize she's both brilliant and gorgeous.
- "I hope you believe in yourself. I hope you surprise yourself." Brilliant and gorgeous lines from the book.
- Shanna is right. Life is ALL a practice and perfection is not the goal. Why would we practice yoga and do Zumba? Why not practice Zumba? Why not practice photography? Why not practice writing?
P.S. I practiced using different times to post the blog. I'm back to 4:22 a.m. It works for me. And that wraps this post the way we started ... it's all about me ... ;-)