Monday, August 9, 2010

Creativity Tips: Make a Huge Difference

One of my favorite speakers at BlogHer 10 was an International Activist Blogger Scholarship recipient, Esra'a, from Mideast Youth. This is a young woman who risks her life to write her blog.

I am still in NY as I write this and I haven't had time to review Mideast Youth; I just liked Esra'a's approach and her attitude. I'm basically going to let her write the blog for me today ... I'll be back tomorrow!

Here's a bit of what Esra'a had to say:

"My original goal (in starting the blog) was to piss off as many dictators as possible."

"Young people in the Middle East are the majority. We have the potential to make a huge difference and the Internet is making that possible for us."

"By the end of the day, you gotta do what you gotta do. And if you are going to piss a lot of people off, you better do it well."

No comments: