Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Creativity Tips: Ice Your Coffee with Coffee

I was enjoying an iced coffee today, and it reminded me of my grandmother, Sophie Eisen.

Sophie could cook and bake better than anyone I've ever known. She created her own recipes, and they are amazing. She was also a poet and a tailor and the only woman the men allowed in the weekly family poker game.

She was, quite simply, the best.

Here's the iced coffee tip I learned from her -- and it's a bit of creative genius. Nanny, as we called her, would make ice cubes out of black coffee, so she could cool hot coffee without watering it down. It also works great for iced coffee, a true summer treat for me and my fellow caffeine fanatics.

P.S. No, it's not a real bull. But why let reality get in the way of a great photo?

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Sophie sounds like a woman worth emulating! (And Starbuck's could learn a little something from her, too.)