Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Creative Query: Your Favorite Dessert

In the July issue of GQ, there's an interesting, well-written story on Alan Richman's search for the perfect dessert. It includes this line: Show me a man who believes his favorite desserts are those he has eaten as an adult and I'll show you a man who had an unhappy childhood.

Which made me wonder: What's your favorite dessert?

I'd have to go back to yesterday's post, and some of my grandmother's baking. She made butter cookies that were beyond delicious, and always made a "J" shaped cookie for me, an "H" for my brother Harry and an "E" for my sister Eva. I can still remember the fun of searching for my special cookie.

P.S. Yes. I read GQ. Surprised?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keebler Chips Deluxe cookies in a tall glass of cold skim milk. I know, I know, you're thinking, "Store-bought cookies? From a package?" But, to me, they're a total comfort food indulgence.

Jan said...

This, from the man who makes the best chocolate dessert in the universe. I am astonished.

Nothing wrong with store-bought cookies! I bake all the time, but the girls still love Oreos ...

Angela Pritchett said...

Chewy, gooey -- for heaven sake, not cake -- brownies!

Although if I'm at a restaurant and haven't overdone it I will order cheesecake.

Anonymous said...

Mine was made by my grandmother, just for me, as well. It was strawberry cake, filled with random shots of liquid strawberry jello, and topped with homemade strawberry icing. I haven't attempted to make it myself, but I sure intend to someday.