Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Creativity Tips: Smile

I'm going to let you listen in on a conversation I recently had with an 86-year-old widower, one of the sweetest men ever. First, picture a bear hug. Then ...

Jan: How was your week?
Ray: It was great. I smile a lot, no matter what. That helps.

Abraham Lincoln once said, Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. Make up your mind today. Be happy. If you're not, smile anyway. It helps.

P.S. I'm smiling, but I'm having technical issues -- the posts aren't publishing at their scheduled 4:22 a.m. time. I haven't figured out why, but thanks for your patience while I work on it. And I'll give a big Creative Instigation smiley face to the first person who tells us why the posts publish at 4:22.

5 comments:

Kirsten Wright said...

I love this tip! I do try to smile a lot, and I notice if I am, then others smile back and it does make you feel better...

...as for the time thing, double check that you have your time zone set right.

Bud Simpson said...

Besides, if you're smiling, people think you're up to something ... even on your birthday.

Jan said...

Thanks for the post, and the advice, Kirsten!

And Le Grand Lapin wins the smiley face! Totally appropriate, since he always makes me smile.

Leslie said...

Oh, Le Grand Lapin beat me to the answer! Guess I'll have to earn my smiley another day :-)

Barb said...

I guarantee you this post put a smile on every reader's face! I will remember that sage advice -- to smile a lot :).