Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Creativity Exercise: Use Your Pencil

A good friend recently sent me a list of 100 interview questions from Monster.com. The last question caught her eye: Tell me 10 ways to use a pencil other than writing.

Your exercise for the day? Answer the question. And, before your mind starts to wander, remember ... this is a job interview.

P.S. I'm all in favor of wandering minds. But there is a time and a place.

P.P.S. Why is there fuzz on a tennis ball? (And do people really ask these types of questions? Good grief. I'm glad I work for myself.)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

1. Prop open a window or door
2. Ponytail/bun holder
3. Garden stake
4. Chopstick (requires two, unsharpened)
5. Knitting needles (see #4)
6. CD spindle
7. Bookmark/placeholder
8. Spinner for a board game
9. Rubber band holder
10. Subject of a still life photo

Am I hired?

Jan said...

You are hired!!!

And you remind me of when I had long hair and went through my Asian phase, with chopsticks holding up my bun. So not me ... and yet, fun at the time.