Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Creativity Exercise: Head Start on a Haiku

I know, I know. It's not the first time I've asked you to write a haiku. But here's why I keep coming back to this poetic format: It's doable. No matter how busy you are, you have time to write 17 syllables.

Remember the rules: Five syllables in the first line. Seven syllables in the second line. Five syllables in the third line.

And, there's a twist this time. Let's all incorporate the phrase: Love is letting go.

(The wonderful thing about creativity? None of us will do the same thing with that same line.)

4 comments:

FunnyEyeCorpGuy said...

If you want my love
Is letting go deemed a must
This trapeze is high.

To know what love is
Letting go is a bold start
But may be the end.

Her love is letting
Go to the auto dealer
Two ninety-nine monthly.

Sounds like love is let
Ting go her tired heart strings
In my last Haiku.

Jan said...

I LOVE it. I love all of them. Especially the way you took the line and didn't use it as one line.

And creativity like that, my friends, is why I like this blog.

This trapeze is high. Perfect line.

Anonymous said...

Love is letting go
And trusting, blindly trusting
That it will come back

Jan said...

That is wonderful!!!!

OK, now I want to do one ... I kept running through options in my head while I was out driving. If I get anything I like as much as these, I'll post.