Thursday, March 31, 2016

Food is Love: Betty Crocker is My Gal

Now that Kate has her own home, she and I have been enjoying Thursday night cooking/baking together in her gorgeous kitchen. Last week, she wanted to make snickerdoodles. I'd never made them before, because I would glance at a recipe and realize I didn't have cream of tartar in the pantry.

Frankly, I can't pronounce cream of tartar. And it makes me think of fish, not cookies.

All that aside, I turned to Betty Crocker for assistance and -- as always -- she came through. This recipe rocks. SCRUMPTIOUS and easy. Ovens vary, but Kate pulled the cookies out at 7 minutes and they were perfect. Enjoy!


P.S. Tonight, Kate doesn't have to do any of the work. I'm baking her favorite cake, as the birthday week celebration continues. Give it a try: Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate cake and frosting. It's perfectly delicious.

No comments: