Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Creativity Tips: Never Miss a Chance to Celebrate

Twenty-six years ago today, this amazing person -- Katherine Sophia Harness -- came into the world. 


Can  you see how her left eye is half-blue, half-brown? When she was little, we called that her eagle eye. And she told me once, "I see things other people can't, 'cause I've got eagle eyes."

Today, she still sees things other people can't. Kate is insanely, sometimes aggravatingly, perceptive. She's also smart, talented, opinionated, kind, good, stubborn, loyal, generous and ... wait for it ... hysterically funny. Kate makes me laugh all the time. She communicates more with an eye roll than most of us do in a full conversation.

My birthday wish for my dear Kate? I hope your eagle eyes see all the love that surrounds you and the possibilities that await you. I hope you see a year ahead that brings good health and happiness and unexpected delights. I hope you see a future filled with good companions, fun adventures and all the joy your heart can hold.

Keep those eagle eyes open, birthday girl, and you'll see what I see: The world is better because you are in it.











1 comment:

Hedy said...

And we can all see how much she is loved!