Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Post 60: Lost

Yesterday's post reminded me of a poem I wrote a few years ago and recently edited. It's a visual poem -- the list and last line form the letter "L" for lost. I mention this because it matters, and I'm not sure it will be apparent in a blog post.

Lost

Allen
Anna
Babe
Bertha
Betty
Bill
Cerene
Earl
Eddie
Eddie
Edith
Harold
Issie
Joel
Joyce
Kiely
Lou
Martha
Morris
Mutt
Nanny
Opal
Pauline
Peggy
Peggy
Ruby
Sam
Shirley
Sophie
Vera
And the stillborn we chose not to name.

--------------------------------

And, on a completely different note, yesterday's post also reminds me of another poem I wrote, one that I think Mrs. Dougherty would have enjoyed:

S.O.B.

I told him
he was a
good for nothing
son of a bitch
and I meant
every word but
every word was a lie.
His mother was really
a lovely person
and he was very good
at some things.
Very good,
if you know what I mean.
And you know what I mean
because we’ve all been there.
We’ve all been in love
with a good for nothing
son of a bitch
and the horse
that he rode in on.

Sidenote for those of you just joining the fun: Post 60 is a digression on the Creative Instigation blog, part of my 60th year celebration. This is post 10 of the 60. Party on!

No comments: