Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm Not Thankful For ....

I know, not a very gracious headline. But here's the deal: Everyone is telling us to make a list of all the things we have to be thankful for ... yada yada yada.

Let's not.

Instead, take out a clean sheet of paper, and list five things you're not grateful for ... things you're not thankful for ... rotten stuff. For example, the current state of my retirement account goes on my list.

Got it? Good. Now, rank those five things, using this measuring stick: Is it brain surgery? Is it life and death?

Hmmm. No? Not a one of your five things is a life-and-death issue? Not even that temporarily disappointing 401(k)? Well then ...

Enjoy the holiday weekend, and I'll see you back here on Monday!

3 comments:

Burcu said...

Hmm..Good idea!!!

I am not thankful to :

1-The person who gave me this job in this law office as an assistant.
2-The salary that i get from here (it just sucks).
3-One of my friend who seems that she is very close to me as a best friend but she is not.


Just 3 for now :)

Have a nice week,too

Love from Turkey

Jan said...

OK, it just doesn't get any better than hearing from a new friend in Turkey on Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks for the fun post, Burcu!

Mike Brown said...

Jan -

I'm not thankful that it's five days until the next new "Creative Instigation" post. I actually check at 5:15 a.m. to see what you've written, and I had nothing new this morning :(

I'm not thankful that I've never had anyone from a holiday-coordinated country (even just a city) comment on my blogs. I'm going to try to get somebody from New Hope, PA to comment on my blog on January 1!

That's about all I have to say about that.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mike