Thursday, November 13, 2008

Creativity Tips: Are You Happy of Me?

When my youngest daughter was a toddler, she made up wonderful phrases and words. For example, when caught in the act of misbehaving -- a daily event -- Mary would simply stop, look up at me with her big brown eyes and ask, "Are you happy of me, Mommy?"

How can you not be happy of someone smart enough to come up with that line?

Another common Mary phrase was, "I did that lasterday." Lasterday could be yesterday, or the day before, or the day before that. It covered a fair amount of territory, but I always knew exactly what she meant. She'd been there and done that. Lasterday.

Today's tip? Don't setttle for the ordinary. Don't accept, "It is what it is." Make it what it should be. Do that, and I'll be happy of you. Far more importantly, you'll be happy of you. Lasterday, today and tomorrow.

No comments: