Monday, June 23, 2008

Creative Inspiration: Site Seeing

I'll start the week with a personal note. While I was on vacation with Mary in Chicago last week, I gave serious consideration to stopping the blog. I've got lots going on in my life, work is insanely busy, it's summertime and the living should be easy.

But, two things stopped me. You, and the book.

You. I love the sense of community this little blog generates. I love your feedback. I love hearing from friends, and from some charming woman I've never met in Italy. I'm old enough to still be astonished and delighted at the power of the Internet.

The book. Remember when I said I was going to use the blog as creative instigation for a book? Well, it's working. And I'll keep you posted on that.

So, it's another week, another post, and another idea. This summer, let's go site seeing together. You send me sites you love, and we'll all go explore.

Here's a great one to start. Thanks for the link and happy birthday, Leslie!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Well, even when the book is finished, I hope you keep the blog! Maybe you could scale back to "summer hours" and post a little less frequently. As for site-seeing, I'm all for it! It's one of my favorite things to do. (And thanks for the birthday wishes and link.)