Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Show and Kvell: Bud Simpson

New year, new look to Bud Simpson's Journal of Image Engineering. The photographs are amazing, of course. But don't just look. Read. His writing makes me jealous. I love writing that makes me jealous -- it inspires me to write better.*

If you haven't clicked on the link yet, let me give you all the encouragement you need -- the start of Bud's bio:

My name is Bud Simpson. No one is actually named Bud, but my parents were a bit guilty about naming me Orville, and began calling me Bud from my very first day on the planet.

If we had been able to tap into the kind of computing power we have today back when I was sixteen, my old friend Steve and I would just now be getting out of prison. I am not an expert on most things technological, but rather a high-functioning user. How it works is way less important than how I can use it to my advantage. Everything is a tool.

Sigh. Such talent. What else could I do? I had to Show and Kvell!

*Yes. This is a competitive response. I can turn anything into a competition. It's an issue. Thank you for noticing.

No comments: