Monday, June 7, 2010

Home!


What do you think? Do I look like Pa Cartwright? Kate could be Adam and Mary's horse was named Little Joe. No Hoss, but that's because he was irreplaceable. (And the reason I watched Bonanza every week.)

So, you want to know what we did on vacation?
  1. We rode horses in the Great Smoky Mountains.
  2. We stayed in a fabulous condo with a huge whirlpool tub in the master suite.
  3. We saw bear tracks.
Or:
  1. The girls said this was the last family vacation. Ever.
  2. I lost my temper, my sense of humor and my patience during the freaking 2,000 mile car trip.
  3. We went the wrong way. Several times. Because some men (I'm not naming any names, Tom) won't ask directions even from a GPS unit.
It's all true, so it's like everything else in life -- it comes down to perspective. And, while I won't ignore reality, I choose to remember the fun. We had time together as a family; we laughed; we saw Biltmore, the biggest home in America; and we made it back to our little home safe, sound and relatively sane.

And we have some great memories of Paducah ... a place we never would have visited if Tom had listened to the GPS.

Thanks to everyone who posted last week and to all of you who checked to see what was posted! Here's to a fun week ahead and a summer filled with directions ignored.

2 comments:

Lezlie said...

We do live in a "both and world." Amazing, isn't it? Some days I am filled with the wonder of it.

Brenda said...

It was the summer of 1994 and we were on the Road to Hana in Hawaii with our 2 daughters(then 18 & 14) and now 34 & 29 and we thought it was a lovely family vacation when the announcement came from the back seat)this is the LAST family vacation we will ever go on with the TWO of you! Over the years they have relented as we have enticed them with ski trips, beach vacations. But that little road to Hana still brings a smile to my face. Glad your trip was great!
Love the Biltmore house!
Glad you are back -missed you!
Brenda