Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Creativity Tips: Blend the New and the Old

I love this. An iPad and a typewriter. Perfection.

And then, of course, I need this. Click, click, clackety, click. Ahhhh. The good old days.

If you ever wonder how important your creative tools are, consider this: When I first started working with computers, I had to type my stories on a typewriter, then come in and transcribe them onto the computer -- the machine was so alien to me, I couldn't think creatively and handle the technology at the same time.

Tools matter. And feeling at home with your creative tools is essential. Now, if I could only figure out how to make SWAK* work on an email the way it did on a letter.

Thanks to Leslie and Deb for the links!

*Don't know what this means? Look it up, young'un. The required creative tool was bright red lipstick.

P.S. Leslie took the photo. Yes, that is one of my typewriters. No, I did not type on it. I am old. I am not ancient.

1 comment:

Lezlie Z. said...

I have been known to spend days, weeks, months, searching for the perfect pen. And notebook, for that matter. I recently found the ultimate notebook for my daily journaling. I continue to be ridiculously giddy about it!