Friday, January 5, 2018

Friday Fun: Ethel Merman

I know, I know, I know. I have aged myself 5,000 years simply by mentioning Ethel Merman.

I don't care. They just don't make 'em like Ethel Merman anymore. I double-dog dare you to watch this clip of her and the Sesame Street gang without grinning.

(Do I sound any younger now that I mentioned Sesame Street? No? Oh well ...)

She always reminds me of my grandmother.
Big personality, wholehearted, big smile.
God rest both their souls. 
If you're not familiar with Ethel Merman, check this out. Fascinating woman. And as you read this quote, keep in mind that she died in 1984:

I believe in asserting myself, but only for things that are important. Anybody who's worth her salt has to fight for her rights once in a while or get shoved around.

Or, as we say these days: #TimesUp

Happy weekend!

No comments: