Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday Fun: Color Inside the Lines

Happy Friday! If you're a long-time CI team member, you know how I feel about coloring inside the lines. It's fine -- if it's your choice.

These days, it's my choice.

In December, I was in a creative slump. Then, Kate and I went to a holiday mart and saw an artist drawing on an iPad Pro with an Apple Pen.

"Hmmmmm," I said, drawing on my own brilliant way with words. "I could do that."

I can -- and I do! After a long day of writing, I now pull out my new iPad Pro and color. Typically, within the lines*. It's one step up from mindless, and it's fun. It's also useful. Exploring new media and methods recharges creative batteries.

Here's to a happy weekend -- go color!

*When I use an incomplete sentence, I'm writing outside the lines. By choice. Party on.



No comments: