Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Creativity Exercise: Twist My Words

I recently wrote a very, very short poem. My writing buddies liked it -- but one suggested that I could have written it as a haiku. You know what? That sounds like a good exercise for you! Remember the haiku rules -- three lines, the first is five syllables, the second is seven syllables, the third is five syllables. 5-7-5.

Post your haiku version or email it to me. You can change the title, whatever. Just use my poem as your starting ground:

After the Affair
The biggest lie
we tell each other
is everything's all right.

Amuse Amber #10: Hey, Amber! This is a creativity exercise day. So we're turning the tables. Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to post something that will amuse us! That should keep you busy and out of trouble for a while ...

P.S. Why do people think poetry is autobiographical? Do you think every short story you read is autobiographical? Get your mind out of the gutter, people. I mean, really ...

No comments: