Thursday, April 8, 2010

Creative Inspiration: Billy Dead

Here's a wonderful paragraph from Billy Dead by Lisa Reardon. I haven't read the book, but this paragraph completely kicks tush. Listen to the rhythm, the power of repetition, the alliteration, the power of threes. And, on top of that, what she's saying is damned true:

"People lose people. I don't know why we're all so damned careless. Folks lose their kids, men lose their women, even friends get lost if you don't keep an eye out. I look through the windshield at the houses going by. For every person sitting in them houses, watching TV or eating a ham sandwich, there's someone somewhere wondering where and why they lost them."

Amuse Amber #12: I love coffee. I love MahJongg. So playing Cafe MahJongg is a natural!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I didn't know you were a MahJongg player! My dad started a MahJongg class this week, which is a very new direction for him. (He's never been a game player!) I'll have to tell him I've found a worthy opponent once he learns the game.

Jan said...

I even have my mother's MahJongg set, so just let me know when your dad is ready to play. :-)