Thursday, January 14, 2010

Creativity Tips: Lose the Funk

OK, I admit it. I'm in a funk. Maybe it's the cold. Maybe it's a client. Maybe it's Kate going back to K-State.

Or, as my gyno once told me when I tried to blame an attitude on hormones, "Maybe you're just a bitch." (Yeah, yeah. He said it with a tad more bedside manner, but we both knew what he meant.)

So, today's tip is simple. Don't be me. Don't wallow and whine. If you're in a funk, snap out of it. Do something to make yourself happy. Do something to make someone else happy. Do anything.

Where to start? Check out yesterday's Brainzooming post on backing out of creative dead ends. And if you have any great creativity tips for me, I'm listening. I have my head in my hands and a disgusted, dejected look on my face, but I'm listening.

P.S. On the bright side, I've added the Anne Taintor blog to the Site Seeing list on CI. I love her stuff.

2 comments:

Angela Pritchett said...

I started to leave a "be happy, cheer up" comment but I know sometimes you just need to ride out the funk. But here's a thought that might make you smile:
http://ny-image1.etsy.com//il_fullxfull.115708325.jpg

Hope the link works!

Jeannie Marie said...

Hmmm, you in a Funk? I never would of thunk it. HA. When I'm in a funk I just take two blue pills instead of one. No, really, I think after the age of well, no need to announce it to the world, but anyway it seems we just have those head in the hand days, weeks, months...oh I am just kidding. As the song says "gray skies are gonna clear up... put on a happy face." If you think your happy..you are.

Keep the faith girlfriend.