Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Creative Query: How Unfair Are You?

Dear Reader,

Right after the November election, I went online and sent my daughter an email from the Obama transition site. I had to provide a name to go with the forwarded letter. Naturally, since the letter was going to Kate, I used "Mom."

Now, I receive regular updates from the transition team, and every email has "Dear Mom," as the salutation.

I like Obama, so I think this is cute. If it were coming from a Sarah Palin site, I'd consider the greeting another joke. And not in a nice way.

How unfair is that? And how unfair are you? When something goes wrong, does your reaction vary based on who made the mistake? Is it a stupid creative blunder? Or an endearing twist? Consider your response, and be a dear. Play fair.

Love,
Mom

No comments: