Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Creativity Tips: Now You See It ...

Thanks to everyone who attended the Creative Instigation presentation! As promised, today starts a series explaining the photos on my creativity cards*.

Do you know what this one is? To me, it's completely obvious. It's the antique inkwell I got when I was at MU. (And that would make it an antique now, even if it weren't then.)

What? You didn't see an inkwell? Are you kidding?

Hmmm. Interesting. It seems that I see the inkwell, because I know it's there. Most people didn't know what it was, or they guessed -- a crystal or a doorknob.

Everything you see is filtered by everything you know. So, take a minute and look for an outside opinion. Don't assume that everyone else knows what you know, or sees what you see.

*A big THANK YOU to Leslie Adams, who sees the shots I never see. Leslie took all the photos and designed the cards.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

The presentation was very engaging and fun! Thanks for letting me be a small part of it. Let me know when the book tour happens and I'll be happy to travel with you :-)

Jan said...

Book tour, book tour, book tour. Keep thinking those positive thoughts!

Thank you for being such an important part of my creative team!!