Thursday, December 28, 2017

Magic Words: You'll Thank Me Later

There is a correct response when someone says Thank you! and it's not No problem. I'm as guilty as anyone on this -- but, seriously, peeps: What does that mean? You wouldn't have done the favor, offered the gift, opened the door, if it had been a problem? 

Words matter. And the magic words we teach our kids -- like please and thank you -- matter a lot. Manners matter. 

You know me, so you know where I'm going with this. What's the correct response when someone thanks you? Ah, that's right! You simply and graciously say: 


And, with that, let me thank you for reading the blog, as sporadically as I write it. If all goes as planned, I'll have one more post this year. It may involve my heartfelt wishes for your 2018. It may not involve nagging.

But, I make no promises on that ... 



No comments: