Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Creativity Tips: Skimm? Or NY Times?

How do you like your news? A lot of my friends have told me they love The Skimm, with its attitude: 

and insights:

I tried it. I didn't like it. Oh, the attitude is fine. But, old journalist that I am, I prefer my news more newsy. I'd rather start the day with The Daily Briefing from The New York Times:
We all have creative preferences. My preference isn't right. Your preference isn't right. Our opinions all have value. 

So how do you decide who is right, if a creative decision must be made? Consider the audience. It's all about them. And it's all too easy to forget that. 

By the by, feel free to share this sh*t on Facebook or Twitter or wherever. I'm still trying to build my marketing numbers for the book proposal. :-) 

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I like The Skimm but I admit it was more interesting to me when I first started subscribing! Now that the "new" has worn off I'm not as engaged (though they do make some good book recommendations).