Thursday, July 17, 2014

Creativity Tips: Slow Down, You Move Too Fast

Yesterday, I needed a break from the writing so I took a walk around the neighborhood park. On my third lap around the park path, I noticed this:

And there was this:

It took me three times around the park before I saw the trees. Three times. Once I saw them, I realized there was something beautiful and different about every single tree. And it struck me: How many times do I walk by people -- even people I love, especially people I love -- and not see what's beautiful and different about them?

In our rush to meet deadlines, keep up-to-date, stay relevant, there's a real danger in missing the wonder right in front of us. My advice for you today? Slow down. Look around. My wish for you today? I hope someone sees the ever-changing beauty in you.




No comments: