Friday, November 6, 2009

Stand Up 2 Cancer

As those of you who read the CI blog regularly know, most of my posts are personal. This one is very close to my heart.

Amber, the beautiful young woman here, is my nephew Cary's sweetie. She's wonderful. She's 25. Today, if her blood counts look OK, she'll be undergoing surgery for cancer we thought she had kicked last year. It's back and it's bad.

This leads me to three things:
  1. If you could send good thoughts zooming through the universe to Amber, that would be great. She appreciates it.
  2. Amber supports the Stand Up 2 Cancer site, so you can check that out here.
  3. Cary is giving us updates on Amber's condition through a wonderful site called Caring Bridge. I hope you never need it, but if you do ... it's here.
Thanks! Enjoy the weekend and hug the people you love. Heck, hug someone you don't even like. I'll post an update on Amber over the weekend.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Jan, my prayers are definitely with Amber all all who love her. She is beautiful! My mom will have surgery for her cancer next week, so it's an issue close to me as well!

Brenda said...

Jan-Blessings to Amber and her family and all who love her. We will keep all of you in our prayers.

Brenda

Jan said...

I am going on to the Caring Bridge site for Amber, and will let Cary know to keep an eye on these posts and read them to Amber! I know she'll love hearing from other members of the CI team. Thank you!