Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Creativity Exercise: Follow the Big Bunny

On a blog post last week, I linked to a video of Dan Savage and suggested that if the video offended you, don't watch it.

A comment re: that post by Le Grand Lapin reminded me of why I love a good creative team -- it keeps you honest. Here's what the big bunny said:

I think it's extremely important to look at what offends you, look at what you don't believe in, look at what you don't understand. Otherwise, to paraphrase Bill Moyers, you're jogging in an intellectual cul-de-sac.

The bunny is right. And he has given us our creativity exercise for today: Get out of the cul-de-sac. Look at a site, a book, something that offends you. Consider the world from a different perspective. I may get a Rush out of this assignment ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The puddle may disappear, but the next time it rains...the puddle returns.