How do you plan ahead for kindness? Let me help get some ideas flowing. You could:
- Make a donation to someone's favorite charity in their honor. Do it online. You're online, right?
- Send an email for no reason other than to make the recipient smile. Think about the subject line. What line would make you happy if it popped up on a Monday?
- Bake cookies for the neighbors. It doesn't have to be a holiday.
- Volunteer to babysit for a harried friend. Don't wait to be asked.
- Mail a handwritten note thanking someone for a kindness received -- maybe a shoulder or smile when you needed it, a wink that let you know you were seen, a good long hug that said I love you louder than words.