Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Creativity Tips: Freshen Up

One of the biggest creativity killers is the status quo. And the list of links on the CI blog has been "status quo" for way too long. I've been thinking about the list for a while now, but followed the sacred creativity rule: No deadline? No action.

Astonishingly, even without a deadline, I found incentive to act. Less astonishing -- the incentive came from Barb Pruitt. Barb pointed me toward The PRess Room from the Greater Kansas City Public Relations Society of America. I hope you'll subscribe to it and contribute. Or, as Barb says, "consider it your professional playground."

I've added The PRess Room to our list. What else should we add? Do we want biggies -- like The Pioneer Woman and Grammar Girl? Would you prefer less-known gems? Let me know. Post ideas, blogs, sites, whatever.

One given: I will continue to promote my buddies -- even if they do say Tall Chicks Rule. (I'm buying one of the T-shirts. I may be the only 5-foot-tall customer Kate has, but I'm a loyal shortie.)

P.S. If you haven't given me an idea for the VW license plate, what are you waiting for?

6 comments:

Leslie said...

One of my favorite podcasts is A Way with Words. And as for the license plate, do you think fahrvergnugen is already taken? :-)

Bud Simpson said...

My vote is for Tom Parker's Dispatches from Kansas Evocative photography and brilliant wordcraft.

The big blogs are interesting examples of how to make a fortune at the blog biz, but I like the ones that do it because it feeds their head. They would do it even if they were quite sure that no one was reading a single word.

Jan said...

Both great suggestions! Both added to the list. (And we may use a photo from Dispatches from Kansas for a writing exercise.)

Richard said...

My vote is for me! :-) Finding Focus. Hope you're all enjoying the small amount of snow here in KC. It was very pretty to wake up to.

Jan said...

Done! Finding Focus is on ... CI team members may end up with their own special list on the site ...

Richard said...

I'll get CI added to mine once I return from Des Moines. Thanks Jan! We should definitely meet in person sometime!