Sunday, November 15, 2009

Creativity Exercise: Name My Ride

Well, this is un-freakin'- believable, but apparently someone else has the license plate "BUGGY" and I've been told by the powers-that-be that I have to give it up.

Excuse me? I've been driving my 2003 VW Beetle with the BUGGY plate for six years.

Whatever. You can fight City Hall, but I don't have the time or the energy. I do have you -- and that means I have a whole bunch of creative minds who can help me come up with a new license plate. We do have to play within the box: No more than seven letters, numbers or spaces. Dashes or symbols are not allowed. Letters, numbers or wording cannot be profane, vulgar, lewd or indicate any indecent meaning. (You can see why I'm having trouble coming up with an idea by myself.)

My daughter Mary named the car six years ago, so I need to break this bad news to her and see if she has any ideas. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to your ideas! Post away.

12 comments:

Mike Brown said...

Jan - I always thought it should be WRTRGRL or some variation:
RITRGRL
RYTRGRL
WRYTR

Or others:
CR8TV
CR8TVTY
CREATEV
INSTG8R
CIBLGR
CIWRITR

That's all I've got this morning.

Mike

Chris Reaburn said...

Does SARCASMOCAR have too many letters?

I'm sure CREATE / CRE8 is taken, I would go with INSTG8R.

Jan said...

Keep 'em coming, and let me know which ones you like!
Chris: LVSRCSM.

Here are some of my ideas:
575
SOK (old nickname, always liked it)
JanJan (family nickname)
PLCS2GO
INMYHRT (from my favorite line of poetry: i carry your heart with me i carry it in my heart)
Here's one Mike's list made me think of: URCR8TV
I still haven't had the heart to tell Mary; I need to do that today.

Daniel said...

Jan - i like buggie just like buggy but spelled diferent.


daniel

Bud Simpson said...

I had much the same list as Mike, so maybe ... ELIPSIS or EL1PS1S

But, this just in from the cynical anarchist's desk:

Before you get rid of the plates, I'd spend a couple of days screaming through red lights at camera-enabled intersections. The tickets should go to the rightful owner of the plates, yes? Hilarity ensues.

Jeez.

Cory C said...

DMVSUX ???

Jan said...

Cory, you make me laugh! Welcome home!!

Here's a totally different creative perspective from Mary. I told her some of the suggested names and she rolled her teenage eyes and said, "Great. Now your work can even be part of your car."

Hmmm. Think she's trying to tell me something? Danju may have the right idea ...

Or, using Big Bunny's 1 for i idea and the magnet Mike gave me years ago:
BE N1CE

Jan said...

I am also giving serious thought to the Big Bunny's idea re: racing through red lights. This whole thing is just wrong, just wrong.

veredlh said...

It's tough to come up with something better than any of Mike's!!

CRE84U
WRYTNOW
BLUBRRY (renaming the car entirely)
I've always liked:
UBUIBME

If something hits at 2 a.m. I'll let you know in the morning.

Leslie said...

I'm late to the party and you seem to have the bases covered, so I'll just say, "whaaaaaat?" with regard to the DMV's mistake. And I agree 100% with the Big Bunny...you should raise a ruckus before giving up the plate.

Jan said...

Here's one from my buddy Don. It won't be going on the car, but it's definitely my favorite:

Juggy

Barb said...

UGOGIRL