Monday, January 25, 2010

Creativity Tips: Ask Better

Wordle: Happy

You gave me words for happy -- I put them together on Wordle. Together, we have art! If this were a scientific poll, the results would clearly indicate that what makes us happiest is chocolate. (I love this team. I say "apple." You say "chocolate.")

I also love the fact that there's a creativity tip, hiding in the exercise.

Last Monday, when I asked for one word that makes you happy, the response was ... well ... pitiful. Yeah, let's face it. Not many of you responded. So, I asked again. But I also looked for outside inspiration: I posted the same question on Facebook and the responses flooded in.

There's a lesson there that applies to all sorts of situations -- at work and at home. If you're not getting the input you need, don't give up. Ask better. Ask someone else. Ask a slightly different question. I'm betting the end results will make you happy.

No comments: