Thursday, February 7, 2008

Creativity Tips: Remember Reality

Yesterday, I mentioned that we bought Guitar Hero for the kids. Both Kate and Mary have been playing it non-stop, with visits from Chuck, Caroline, Katie, Justin, Lee, Lindsey, Dan and Joe.

Basically, the rec room is now Guitar Hero heaven. They bring their own PlayStation guitars, plug in and rock out.

As far as I know, not one of these smart, talented teenagers has picked up either of the real guitars leaning against the wall.

Does that seem wrong, weird, or worrisome to anyone but me?

P.S. OK, that's not really a creativity tip. This is: I wanted a third "w" word for the last line and couldn't think of any that fit. I picked up the dictionary -- and there it is. Worrisome. If you don't have a dictionary by your side, get one. You'll worry less.

No comments: