Thursday, November 9, 2017

The Good Stuff: Good Bones

You know how you can be absolutely sure of something -- and absolutely wrong?

Yeah, it happens now and then. Even to me. ;-)

I absolutely knew I had shared Good Bones by Maggie Smith with you, because I love this poem. There's so much to be grateful for when you find a poem, or story, or book -- or even a line* -- that communicates perfectly. That makes you say, "I know EXACTLY what she means."

Poetry or prose, such words make us feel a little less alone in this big world.

Good Bones is a good example. But, I did a quick search on the blog, and ... it wasn't here. So, now it is. Enjoy!
You could. And I believe you will.

P.S. Since the poem is about mothers and their children ... If you need a decent realtor in the KC area -- one who won't sell you on the bones -- I've got one for you. Kate Harness. You can thank me later.

*Per my post last Friday, I did read A Man Called Ove and it's absolutely wonderful. If I hadn't been reading a borrowed book, I'd have highlighted a number of perfect sentences. If you haven't read the book yet, I recommend it!

No comments: