Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Creativity Tips: What Are You Doing?

Twitter asks the question, "What are you doing?" And there are a number of Twitterers who answer that question, leading to such memorable posts as, Going to Starbucks. Need latte.

Here's what I'm doing -- I'm wondering why I would care that someone I've never met before is going to Starbucks and needs a latte. But I digress. Twitter has clearly struck a nerve with gazillions of people. The simple question, "What are you doing?" doesn't scare newbies off. You don't have to be a social media expert to answer that question in 140 characters or less. And, once you manage one successful tweet, you're far more likely to try another. And another. And another. Until you're a tweetin' fool.

The lesson learned? When you launch a new creative adventure, find ways to build success into the start. Success creates the courage to try and the confidence to fail -- and try again.

No comments: