Thursday, May 14, 2009

Creativity Exercise: Why Are You Here?

The question I posed yesterday takes us to a core purpose exercise. Consider, for a moment, that there's a reason for your being. If you don't buy that, then mull over the idea that while you're here, you can create a reason why you're here -- something more inspirational than "random genetics happen."

After a lot of thought and a philosophical discussion with my friend Chris, here's my answer to the question:

I'm here to help other people and leave the world better than I found it.

I've written this in first-person, because it's personal. This is my core purpose -- it may not speak to you at all. What does make sense to you? Today, give serious creative thought to what gives your life meaning, and what you hope to accomplish. If you want to post a core purpose, that's great. If you want to challenge the idea, equally great!

No comments: