Thursday, December 4, 2008

Creative Inspiration: Success

This quote is generally attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson -- research indicates that may be a mistake. No matter who said it, I like it. When I'm feeling like far less than a success, this definition makes me breathe easier:

To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't doubt yourself. You know you are a success. :)

I got a little bored with classes ending for the semester and I thought I'd find this blog of yours and look at it.. its not half bad! Just kidding of course..

Keep on keeping on

love,
Kate

Jan said...

Dearest Kate ...
I love you,
Mom