Monday, June 24, 2013

Creativity Tips: Let the Sun Shine In

As a writer, these are the kind of world-altering questions that take up space in my brain:
Is it Let the Sun Shine In? or Let the Sunshine In?

In Hair,* I believe it's Let the Sunshine In. Here, it's Let the Sun Shine In. Why? Because that's my plan for you this week. I want you to look at your busy calendar, pull out that "to do" list and see where you can schedule 30 minutes to let the sun actively shine into your life.

The "rules" are pretty simple: Sit outside -- in your backyard, a park, a pool or somewhere near work that feels peaceful and safe. Don't read, don't text, don't think. Just be.
Remember when you were little and every picture
you colored had a sun in the corner, beaming down?
A sun the color of Mary's overalls?
That's what I want for you this week.
A summer sun, beaming down.
* If you click on this link, you will see what my friends in college looked like. I miss that look. It was probably incredibly conformist to be so non-conformist in the same way, but still ....

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Sounds like a good plan! I think the sun will be out here on Wednesday or Thursday. :)