Monday, June 17, 2013

Creativity Tip: Take Another Look at Yourself

I was out last week with a friend who is absolutely beautiful -- not to mention smart, kind, all of that. We were talking about body image and I asked what she thought her best feature was. And this wonderful woman couldn't come up with anything nice to say about her appearance. Nada. Zip. Doodah. She was completely stumped.

When pushed (Who? Me? Pushy?), she finally said something nice about her posture.

Then, it happened again with a different friend later in the week. Once could be an oddity. Twice, and I'm sensing a trend.

So, now I'm out with you. I know you are beautiful because all my readers are brilliant and funny and brilliant, funny people radiate good looks. It's true. Go look in the mirror. And, after you look, come back here and tell me what your best physical feature is.

I'll start. Probably my smile. Maybe my blue eyes. A man might come up with something else ...

P.S. Why is this a creativity tip? Because a creative genius can always take a fresh look at a familiar subject. And what better way to start the week than with a fresh look at ourselves?

2 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

I have delicious chocolate brown eyes and a fetching dimple when I smile. No ego problem, here. (-:

Jan said...

CJ, you make my day!