Friday, February 12, 2010

Food is Love: Valentine's Day Goodies

For our first Valentine's Day together, I baked a cake for Tom, cut the top layer in the shape of a heart, and wrote "You take the cake" on it.

It was dang cute. Of course, he was 33, so the cuteness was completely lost on him. But I impressed myself, and there's something to be said for that.

This year, I'm planning to bake these yummy-sounding, totally cute cookies* from PaulaDeen.com -- also the source of the photo. I haven't tried them yet, so I'm not recommending them. I'm just pointing you toward them, and then on to the Bakerella site. Looks interesting. And I'm hoping you take time this weekend to try a new recipe for the people you love. Or, that someone tries a new recipe for you!

Here's to happy hearts!

*That first Valentine's Day for us was 31 years ago. Tom now realizes it's a good idea to admire my attempts at cute baked goods. Marriage. It's a good thing.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Mmm, peanut butter in sugar cookie dough! Sounds yummy. Wonder where you can get those adorable cookie cutters?