Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Creativity Exercise: Name Your Traits

My friend Eleanor inspired today's exercise -- one of her recent art projects involved listing a personality trait or characteristic for every letter in her name. The match I loved the most? N for Necessary. Isn't that wonderful? And accurate.

I'd like to steal Eleanor's word, but I'll show a little restraint and be:
Jovial
Attentive
Nice
Enthusiastic
Talented

or I could be:
Jewish
Athletic
Needy
Epicurean*
Thankful

Or ... well, you get the idea. Your turn! List your name and traits. Try to be nice to yourself. (One of the lists I came up with for Janet made it sound like I could benefit from years in therapy.) Keep in mind: Whether you have an N in your name or not, you are necessary!

*The dictionary is my friend. I also considered enamored and egalitarian. Easy was another option, but ... yeah. Too many potential meanings there.


No comments: