- Write down three things you've lost: 1 object, 1 person, 1 belief.
- Write one sentence about each.
- Choose the lost item that feels most important right now.
- Write why that loss matters, and why or if you would like to have the
- Consider these lines from John Greenleaf Whittier:
For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these: "It might have been!"
- Wad the paper into a ball, aim for the trashcan, score nothing but net.
Monday, July 16, 2012
Creativity Exercise: It Might Have Been
Let's start the week by firing off a few new synapses, courtesy of a few old memories. Ready? Get out a clean sheet of paper. Now ...