Monday, January 2, 2012

Creativity Tips: Get Excited

There are two ways to approach 2012:

It's a NEW YEAR!
or
Whoa. Time flies. Another year gone ...

As you know, when given a choice, I choose the exclamation mark. This year, I'm exclaiming about a new website/blog/dealie-bob I'm working on. It may replace the CI blog, or may just be another venue for expressing my view of the world. Or changing the world. I can't reveal any details yet and it may not be ready for a long time. But just working on it makes my brain happy. I can noodle on ideas while I drive. My creative synapses are smiling.

In turn, everything I touch is better, from the new site, to client projects, to family dinners. Heck, I even redid the look of the CI blog. (Let me know what you think. I wanted something different, and wanted to use Leslie's great photos in the masthead.)

What about you?
What are you excited about this year? If you're not exclaiming about something, there's no better time than today. Not sure how to start? Let me tell you how I got my mojo back: I spent time with Bud and Kathi. That's right. I went for the fabulous friend fix.

You may not have Bud and Kathi in your back pocket, but I'm guessing you have someone. Talk to your friends, your family. Scope out old posts on the CI blog. Ask yourself what really, really makes you happy -- what makes you hop out of bed in the morning eager to get going. Then, begin.

It really is as simple as that.

P.S. I was just following my own advice and looking through some old posts. Found this, from the same time last year. I am happy to report that the Energizer Bunny now exercises regularly, takes her vitamins daily, and just finished a great book and is ready to pick up another. There's hope.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Hey, look at you with your shiny new blog design! I'd say you're ready to go for 2012. I made some plans for creativity and learning this year (which you likely saw in my Dec. 31 post) and I'm excited! Cheers!

Vicki said...

Happy New Year, I can't wait to hear more about your new venture. The blog looks great! I need to redo my design someday soon too.

Jen said...

hey! blog looks great. my exclamation is to WRITE! I am joining a writing group. Just doing it! Hope to see you in the new year!