Thursday, April 29, 2010

Creativity Tips: World Laughter Day

There is nothing more creatively instigating than laughter. Thanks to everyone who came out to the Greater Kansas City PRSA Solo Pros event yesterday --- what a treat to laugh with all of you!

This Sunday is World Laughter Day, an event Lance at Jungle of Life pointed out to me. Lance and friends are launching The Levity Project. As a first step, they're taking it to the streets of New York City this Sunday to create "playfulness and fun, with the idea that through joy, we can all experience a bit more peace in our world."

If you're in New York, go party! The event is free, but you need to register.

By the by, I will be in Manhattan on Sunday. Manhattan, Kansas. For international CI team members, I couldn't make this up.

Oh! Almost forgot. This is Poem in Your Pocket Day! I decided to go with Cascando, an old favorite by Samuel Beckett. It's in a poetry book so beloved it's now held together with tape. I've lost track of Joel, the boy who gave it to me, but I still have his book!

7 comments:

Lance said...

Jan,
Thanks so much for helping to spread the word!! I'll laugh for you, too, on Sunday!!!

Manhattan, KS!!! Now that's wild!!

David Walker said...

Ha Ha Ha...

Bruno said...

Ha Ha

rahul said...

He He...

Jan said...

Let's not forget the North Pole ... Ho, Ho, Ho!

Vicki said...

yesterday Jacob said, "this mustard is sour and cruel!"

hee hee

Jan said...

Jacob is brilliant. :-)