Thursday, April 15, 2010

Creativity Tips: Rule Out Imaginary Rules!

How often do you follow rules that don't exist?

I presented a creativity session this past weekend and my young buddy Ellie attended. She promptly grabbed my props and started playing ... drawing pictures, writing in the journal, wearing the crown.

I've never told anyone NOT to play with the props. But the session is generally filled with adults. You know, well-behaved people who seldom make history.

My tip for today? Follow Ellie's lead. Until you're told otherwise, assume you have permission to play!

Amuse Amber Update: Amber is home from the hospital! Thanks to everyone who sent links, ideas, etc. I'll use some of the remaining ideas in future posts. Let's wrap this series up with an amusement courtesy of Andrew. He's a 6-year-old friend of Neil's son Jackson. Again, kids know fun.

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Pizza.
Pizza who?
Pete's a lot cleaner after he takes a shower!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Thanks everyone! I am home for awhile and feeling better! I appreciate all the amusement. I am gonna keep using it for days to come! :)