Thursday, August 6, 2009

Creativity Tips: Stop

On Tuesday, I suggested that you "Begin." Today, I'm suggesting that you "Stop."

I'm not saying slow down. I'm not saying pause. I'm saying stop. If you're a writer, put the pen down. If you're a photographer, step away from the camera. If you're a cook, eat out. You can always come back to the writing, the photography, the cooking. Consider your talent a faithful lover -- eagerly waiting for your return. And absence will have made the heart grow fonder.

P.S. For those of you who read CI regularly, nope. I'm not stopping the blog. I'm back and ready to rumble. I may not post daily. I may. I may post more on writing. Or reading. I may add a few new features -- such as Jan's Refrigerator Door, where I post your creative brilliance. I'm toying with the idea of a 365 days of creativity book, which would include rewritten older posts and new stuff. Let's just let go of expectations, and see where it takes us ...

P.P.S. That's me at the beach house we stayed at for a week. I wasn't reading a good book. I was flipping through gossip magazines. Because when I stop, I really stop.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Sounds like you're back from the vacation refreshed, with lots of new ideas! And if that's a beach house, I'm ready to move there...