Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Creativity Tips: Declare Your Independence!

Can you believe it's already July? The year is half over! Holy moly, how is that possible?

But, it is. And CI readers in America are getting ready for Fourth of July festivities. In honor of that, here's a creativity tip for all of us: Declare your independence! As you look forward to the rest of the year, free your heart and soul and brain from clutter and negativity. While you're at it, free up some space around you. That's right. Clean up the clutter. You'll feel lighter, free-er. I promise.

You know what happens when you clear up the psychic and physical space? Good stuff finds room to move in. (FYI, good stuff is a technical writing term.)

At this point in my life, midway through 2013, my life is filled with good stuff and I need all the room possible for more wonderful people, rewarding projects and restful, peaceful moments. I'm freeing up space -- inside and out -- for happy. Join me!

P.S. The Jewish momma warning: Be careful on Independence Day. Years as a radio reporter scarred me for life re: this holiday. Watch out for those fireworks. Don't drink and drive. Make sure your pups aren't outside and scared or hot. Got it? Good. My work here is done for the moment. Go outside and play!



No comments: