Monday, April 22, 2013

Creativity Tips: Celebrate You

It's my birthday! I love birthdays. OK, that's not exactly right. Let me try again.
I LOVE BIRTHDAYS.

Yeah. That's better. And here's my birthday wish: Celebrate yourself. Celebrate this very moment and the unarguable fact that you are here and that every day of life is a day overflowing with possibilities for joy and happiness and love and all the wonder that so easily gets lost in the day-to-day noise of life.

Sure, there's shit. Shit happens. What of it? Fun happens. Good happens. You happen. Celebrate!

P.S.
This is a pic of me and Eva, about 38 years ago. I thought I was fat. Seriously. Look at me. I thought I was fat. So here's the birthday gift I want from you: Do NOT waste a moment of this precious day being harsh to yourself. Promise me. Promise? Good! Now, if you want, go have a piece of birthday cake in my honor and enjoy every bite.

6 comments:

Mo said...

Not only is today your Birthday, it is also your Birthday Week and Birthday MONTH!!!!! ENJOY!!!!

Jan said...

I like the way you think! :-)

CJ Kennedy said...

Many happy returns of the day!

Jan said...

Thank you, CJ!

Le Grand Lapin said...

I'd remind you that it's not only your most amazing and truly extraordinary birthday - pause - but it's also Earth Day, so you can enjoy your birthday right here on planet earth. No extra charge. :)

Jan said...

And, of course, having "a birthday on Earth Day" does make the Dr. Seuss in me happy. It could also be a mirth day!