Thursday, July 16, 2009

Creativity Tips: Learn from My Mistakes

I recently answered a "Request for Speakers" from a group in New York, and got a call -- they're interested. So, I went back and looked at the material I submitted for my Better Business Writing session.

The first takeaway I promise participants? "Learn the one word that can help everyone improve their writing."

Wow. That's intriguing. No wonder they're interested. Only one problem. I have no freaking idea what the "one word" is. Yep, I had a brilliant idea when I wrote the proposal. But I didn't write it down.

When you have a stroke of creative genius, WRITE IT DOWN. Trust me, you shouldn't trust your memory. And if you have any one-word solutions for this dilemma, please let me know. The only word I can think of at the moment applies to me, and it's not pretty.

P.S. Sure, you can learn from your mistakes. But isn't it more fun to learn from mine? You betcha. (Good letter to the editor, Bud!)

No comments: